When I pack for a trip, I can make list after list, but I always feel like I’m forgetting something when we pull out of the driveway. Because I surely can’t be the only one who’s forgotten something and had that forehead slap moment, here are a few things to check before you walk out the door.
Tip: Make a last-minute checklist! Download our printable list for free! We’ve already included the things listed below, as well as a few reminders to check the locks, take out the trash, etc. You can add whatever you want to make sure you remember before you walk out the door!
1. Chargers & a power strip. With lots gadgets and devices in the family, don’t forget everyone’s chargers! Although most resorts have enough outlets, they’re not always in the most convenient location. Consider taking a power strip along with you to plug in your devices in the same place.
2. Glasses/contacts. I might have left my glasses on the bedside table at home a time or two. Don’t forget to grab those and just to be safe, an extra pair of contacts.
3. Medications. Leaving your over the counter allergy medicine would be a pain, but forgetting prescription medication could really put a kink in your vacation. Double check!
4. Magic Bands! If you’re flying and utilizing Disney’s Magical Express, make sure these are in your carry-on bags.
5. Sunscreen. Even if you’re going to Disney during the winter, don’t forget your sunscreen. Vacations with sunburns are not fun! If you’re flying, be sure to put sunscreen in your checked bag (inside a Ziploc baggie in case it leaks), because the TSA doesn’t play around with those carry-on restrictions.
6. Hand sanitizer. More on that here.
7. Napkins/paper towels. If you’re driving, make sure you have a good stash of napkins in the glove compartment. Even better, take along a roll of paper towels. They come in handy during the stay too, especially if you have breakfast or snacks in your resort room.
8. Quarters and pennies. If you’re driving, you may need quarters for tolls. And if you like inexpensive souvenirs, there are penny press machines in several locations around Disney World (You’ll need 2 quarters and 1 penny for each pressed penny.). A great way to transport coins is an M&M Minis tube, and they fit nicely in a center console or glove box.
9. Snugglers! If you’re traveling with kids, and those little sweet things have special snugglers to sleep with, it is imperative that you do not forget them. I can promise that you’ll find lots of great stuffed animals and blankets at Disney, but if your family is like ours, nothing can replace that special thing your kids like to snuggle with. If you plan for them to sleep during the trip, don’t forget the snugglers!
10. Pillows. I know that not everyone travels with their pillow. Some only travel with their pillow. If you are like me, and can walk miles through the parks without complaint during the day but still need your pillow to sleep well at night, grab that pillow!
There are a few things to remember. And as usual, I’m sure I’ve forgotten something. Check out other strange things I’ve packed here. What have you left behind when you went on vacation?